Project Manager controlling at global manufacturer and distributor of leisure equipment
- Global manufacturer and distributor of leisure equipment and vehicle components
- Approx. EUR 3 billion turnover with 9,000 employees worldwide
- Location: largest plant in the EMEA organization with approx. 500 employees
Situation and Challenge
- Employees who had been on board for a long time left the company at the same time
- Missing or unstable structures; slow and complex processes; low level of digitization and documentation; Lack of significance of controlling
Measures and Procedures
- Standardization of the historically grown multitude of structures and calculation methods for the same facts
- Complete revision of the most important reports (layout, content, calculations)
- Creation of a temporary digitalization solution in Excel
- Identification of the optimal digitalization solution via corporate performance management tool
- Simplification of control and approval processes, often even elimination of processes or relocation to the responsible departments
Results and Achievements
- Increase in steering ability; Reduction of manual control effort at the site by 0.5 man-years
- Potential with CPM: Transferable at the site and to all plants: reduction of a total of 1.5 man-years (-75% from baseline)
These articles might also interest you:
Development of controlling structures at e-commerce world market leader
An Atreus expert takes on controlling responsibility and sets up holding/group controlling structures and processes with a focus on the IPO.
Restructuring of the commercial area at automotive supplier group
An Atreus Manager is responsible for setting up a finance team and filling the position of commercial manager, and creates cost transparency by reorganising production controlling. The automotive group etsblishes a new HR concept and budget planning.
Case Study | Case Study
Advisor ERP implementation at German brand manufacturer of high-quality writing instruments
An Atreus Manager is responsible, among other things, for ensuring ERP performance at the customer’s site and identifying opportunities for improvement. In addition, he is responsible for the introduction of metrics for increased transparency of the project processes.